Serial Killer: Man Possibly Involved In 7 Murders Arrested in Los Angeles

Serial Killer: Man Possibly Involved In 7 Murders Arrested in Los Angeles

The man was captured in California after he allegedly murdered a woman in Queens.

NEW HAVEN, CT — A New Haven man that was recently arrested in California may be involved in seven murders after he confessed following his arrest in California, according to police.

Danueal Drayton, 27, is accused of killing Queens nurse Samantha Stewart, 29, along with raping another woman in Brooklyn. Police believe Drayton met the women through an online dating site. Stewart was found dead in her Queens apartment on July 17 by her family members. She had been strangled to death.

Drayton was arrested in Long Island for allegedly choking his girlfriend in Inwood Park. He was released at a July 5 hearing in Nassau County. The judge ruled that Drayton posed no flight risk, rejecting the county district attorney’s call to hold him on $7,500 bail., according to the New York Daily News.

Drayton allegedly confessed to killing two women in Connecticut, a killing in the Bronx and another in Suffolk County, according to the New York Daily News. He also said he murdered someone in either Queens or Nassau County and committed a killing in California, police said. It’s unclear if Drayton was confessing or was just rambling.

“My body did this, not my mind,” the paper quoted Drayton as telling investigators. “I didn’t want to do this. My body made me do this.”

He remains held in lieu of $1.25 million bail on charges of attempted murder, forcible rape and other crimes in Los Angeles County. Drayton was arrested about 5 p.m. on July 24 by police in North Hollywood. He is accused of sexually assaulting the 28-year-old woman, trying to strangle her and refusing to let her leave her apartment, according to Deputy District Attorney Elan Carr.

He has been bouncing in and out of Connecticut prisons for the past several years after multiple convictions.

He was convicted of unlawful restraint and violation of a protective order in relation to a 2012 incident in New Haven. He was sentenced to two years in prison.

He also has a strangulation conviction for a 2011 incident in East Haven for which he was sentenced to three years in prison

He was convicted of violating a protective order in Waterbury during 2015 and was sentenced to two years in prison.

Most recently he has a harassment conviction for a February 2018 incident in New Haven.

For his last Connecticut conviction, he was sentenced to 90 days jail, execution suspended and probation for a year.

Mary Greeley News