Trump’s communications director Mike Dubke has resigned

Trump's communications director Mike Dubke has resigned

Mike Dubke, President Trump’s communications director, has resigned, ABC News has learned.

Dubke, 47, who had been tasked with helping to shape the president’s message, only served at his administration post for about three months.

He resigned May 18 but offered to stay on in his post until the end of the president’s first foreign trip, ABC News has learned.

Dubke is still coming into work, and his last day has not yet been set.

Previously, he had helped found Crossroads Media, a Republican media services firm.




Dubke’s resignation may serve as an opportunity to revamp Trump’s communications team, which has frequently come under criticism during the early months of the president’s term.

According to Axios, part of that shake-up is for Trump to travel more, in order to speak to his core supporters directly. An official told the news outlet that this is because “he says things exactly the way he wants them to be said.”

Dubke told Politico that he expects to return to Black Rock Group, his communications and public affairs firm.

“The reasons for my departure are personal, but it has been my great honor to serve President Trump and this administration,” Dubke wrote in an email to friends this morning, as quoted by Politico.

“It has also been my distinct pleasure to work side-by-side, day-by-day with the staff of the communications and press departments. This White House is filled with some of the finest and hardest working men and women in the American Government.”

Dubke also told Politico that he was surprised the news of his planned departure took 12 days to leak out.

Trump's communications director Mike Dubke has resigned
NORAD

Mary Greeley News
www.marygreeley.com




Credit https://www.rt.com/usa/390160-dubke-white-house-pr-resigns/